Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Hockey Fans: Semifinals are on their way!

The conference quarterfinals finally ended and we've seen many unexpected results. Do you remember that when I posted my predictions about the quarter final results, I stated that my forecast wasn't probably very accurate? (see the post by clicking here). Well, let's overlook the results:

1. For Ottawa Senators vs. Tampa Bay Lightning, I said that Ottawa would win.
2. For Carolina Hurricanes vs. Montréal Canadiens, I predicted a victory for the Hurricanes.
3. For New Jersey Devils vs. New York Rangers, I anticipated a victory for the Rangers
4. For Buffalo Sabres vs. Philadelphia Flyers, my forecast had the Sabres as favorites.
5. For Detroit Red Wings vs. Edmonton Oilers, I foresaw an easy series for the Red Wings.
6. For Dallas Stars vs. Colorado Avalanches, I said that Dallas would win.
7. For Calgary Flames vs. Anaheim Mighty Ducks, I picked the Flames.
8. For Nashville Predators vs. San Jose Sharks, I anticipated that the Sharks would win.

So that made 4 correct predictions and 4 wrong, having a 50% of effectiveness in my predictions. Maybe my predictions for the Conference Semifinals can be helpful for you to know for which team you don't have to bet hehe :).

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Ottawa Senators vs. Buffalo Sabres

This will be probably the more exciting semifinals series we'll have. This two teams know very good each other because they're rivals in the same division. During the quarter finals, both had a good performance, although I think that the Senators had a much easier rival than the Sabres. Both teams are indeed on fire, but I'll pick the Sabres as my favorites.

Carolina Hurricanes vs. New Jersey Devils

The Devils made a real demonstration of how to play very high level hockey against the Rangers, leading to a 4-0 series victory. On the other hand, the Carolina had to suffer a little more to beat the Canadiens, something disappointing considering the excellent regular season they had. But both are still on the fight, and I have the impression that the Devils have a better chance for this series.
WESTERN CONFERENCE
Colorado Avalanches vs. Anaheim Mighty Ducks

This is quite an unexpected game series, both teams had an ace under their sleeve and they used it good and proper, moving the Stars and the Flames out of their respective ways. They're still alive, and they'll fight for sure to get a chance in the Conference Final. The Avalanches have, in my opinion, a better chance for this one, but don't discard new surprises.

Edmonton Oilers vs. San Jose Sharks

We'll have the opportunity to enjoy a high quality hockey series, as these teams are having a long time awaited opportunity. Who'll win? that is really tough to predict. We can expect anything from both teams, they have showed that they're strong enough to obtain a victory, so the final result will depend indeed of the strategy applied into the rink. I pick the Oilers for this one.

So these are the semifinal games coming up. I hope you'll enjoy them as much as I will. Don't forget to post any comments if you have!!

2 Comments:

At 3:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

 
At 10:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home