Friday, April 21, 2006

This is for you Hockey Fans!

Oh boy! I'm so excited for the final approach of the NHL's Season! I like to follow the NHL also, I believe it's a very competitive and amazing league.
Well, if you like the NHL as much as I do, maybe you've read on the news that the Conference Quarterfinals are almost on the go. So I'd like to share with you my opinion and forecast (which, believe me, will probably not be accurate!) for each of the duels that we'll have the delight to follow in this phase of the tournament:



EASTERN CONFERENCE
OTTAWA SENATORS vs. TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING
To be honest, I don't think this will be a tough one for the Senators. Their performance during the whole season has been awesome, and that effort has paid off: The President's trophy. But I wouldn't suggest the Senators to take this easy, as the Lightning is a team that from time to time gives some surprises.

CAROLINA HURRICANES vs. MONTRÉAL CANADIENS

Carolina did a great regular season, although during the final games they lost their wining streak and I would dare to say they seemed to be a little weak compared with the rest of the season. However, it is normal for high performance teams to act that way as the postseason approaches. In the other hand, the Canadiens are a legendary team that will for sure face the Hurricanes and they won't let them win so easily. Anyway, I think that in this occasion, the Hurricanes have the best chance.

NEW JERSEY DEVILS vs. NEW YORK RANGERS

These teams know each other's strenghts and weaknesses because they're close rivals who battle the same division. This will be a very difficult step for both teams, as they are more or less equally powerful, so this one will probably be decided by only a few goals. I'll pick the Rangers as my favorites.

BUFFALO SABRES vs. PHILADELPHIA FLYERS

This is what I call action! two of the best offensive lines will battle face to face. I like most the strategy of the Sabres, I think they will become a nightmare for the Flyers if they keep the good level they showed during the whole season. And, as they are the team I like most in the league, I must choose the Sabres for this game.

WESTERN CONFERENCE

DETROIT RED WINGS vs. EDMONTON OILERS

The Red Wings have one of the most powerful teams in the whole NHL; definitely they are very hard to beat and I think that the Oilers will have to do some extra effort if they really wish to have a chance against Detroit. We'll have the opportunity to see some fireworks if the Red Wings come to the rink with all their heaviest artillery.

DALLAS STARS vs. COLORADO AVALANCHE

It's as simple as this: the Stars are on fire. I really find hard to believe that the Avalanche will have any opportunity to beat the Stars, but maybe they've got an ace to show for this challenge. Let's see if the Avalanche will stop the Stars on their road, although it seems extremely difficult.

CALGARY FLAMES vs. ANAHEIM MIGHTY DUCKS

Both teams have had variate regular seasons, and as they are quite unpredictable, the result for this game is difficult to forecast. Anaheim's offensive play has been more effective than Calgary's, but their deffensive lines have operated on the inverse way. I guess that the Mighty Ducks will have a good opportunity to show why they are still on the run.

NASHVILLE PREDATORS vs. SAN JOSE SHARKS

This will be a nice dispute to follow closely. Their performance was very similar during the regular season, but let's remember that the Sharks finished with a very impressive wining streak that will generate some extra confidence for the team. It wouldn't be really surprising to see the Sharks pass over the Predators.

So these are the games that will be starting today. Let's enjoy some high-quality Hockey action! Have fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home