Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Hockey: 'Canes win the Stanley Cup

Well, what can I say? I missed my predictions again: the Edmonton Oilers, who were my favourites to win the Stanley Cup (the championship trophy in the NHL), were beaten by a solid Carolina team, and after seven vibrant games to decide a winner of the season, yesterday the Carolina Hurricanes played to achieve a final 1-3 score while playing home.
As a fan of the Buffalo Sabres, I must confess that it's painful to see that the Hurricanes, who left the Sabres without any hope of winning the Stanley Cup, finally rose the trophy. But it's not so bad after all; at least the award will remain in the Eastern Conference for another year. And for the rest of the teams, there will be a lot of work to do during the offseason.
So congratulations to the Carolina Hurricanes, and congratulations to their fans again. I hope that you enjoy this championship, and keep the good work for the upcoming season!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home