Thursday, May 18, 2006

More NHL action... Conference finals ahead!

Once again, I was able to proof that 50% of my predictions for hockey series are correct. Let's make a quick review of my predictions for the semifinal games in both conferences:

For Ottawa Senators vs. Buffalo Sabres, I picked the Sabres as favorites
For Carolina Hurricanes vs. New Jersey Devils, I said that the Devils would win
For Colorado Avalanches vs. Anaheim Mighty Ducks, I predicted a victory for the Avalanches
For San Jose Sharks vs. Edmonton Oilers, I thought that the Oilers would pass

I guess that a 50% effectiveness is not bad. Now it's time to review the final series for each conference, as the games are expected to be highly competitive and we'll get for sure lots of fun and excitement in this phase of the Stanley Cup Battle.

EASTERN CONFERENCE

CAROLINA HURRICANES vs. BUFFALO SABRES

Two giants will face each other in this game. The Sabres showed against Ottawa that they're for real: they only defeated the top seed of the eastern conference, in as little as five games. They're a definitely a high quality team. On the other hand, the Hurricanes are a strong team that showed no problem while dispatching the New Jersey Devils. Their defensive line has been a very difficult obstacle for the rival teams and now they'll have the difficult task of stopping Buffalo's offense. We'll really enjoy this, and I pick the Sabres as my favorites.

WESTERN CONFERENCE

ANAHEIM MIGHTY DUCKS vs. EDMONTON OILERS

This is what I call a surprise. Nobody would have thought that the Western Conference Final would be battled between these teams, especially because none of them were top seeded. What will happen? I couldn't say. I'd wish to see the Oilers in the final game for the Stanley Cup, after all they deserve it as they've beaten the President's Trophy winning team (Detroit Red Wings) and the San Jose Sharks, that initialle were leading the semifinal series by 2-0. I'll take the Oilers.

Do you have any other ideas about what could happen? Please post any messages, and don't forget to follow the NHL Conference Finals starting tomorrow, May 19. Cheers.


3 Comments:

At 9:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

 
At 4:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

 
At 12:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home