Musical options to relax
I can tell you that this week has been pretty intense and stressful for me in terms of workload. Finally, I find some time to do the things I like to do (to write and to listen to music, among them). But that's life in our beautiful western hemisphere, isn't it?
If you feel anxious, you're having a cranky mood lately, and you're starting to think that your responsibilities enslave you, perhaps it's time for you to take a break. And music is a great facilitator to approach to a peaceful state in your mind. For that, I'll suggest you to try any of the following works:
Classical Music: Anything by J. S. Bach or Mozart. Both are some of the greatest musicians ever, and for some reason, I feel more relaxed after listening to their music than any other composer's. Specific suggestions? Try any of the following:
- Bach's Brandenburg concerts.
- Mozart's symphonies 40 or 41.
- Also, Pachelbel's Cannon is a good option
New Age: One of my favourite streams! There are several melodies that I'll strongly recommend you for this one:
- Adiemus, by Adiemus, is a great song that may take you to another dimension.
- Adagio in C Minor, by Yanni, which is a very relaxing melody.
- Orinoco Flow, by Enya. Beautiful music for your ears.
- On Earth as it is in heaven, by Ennio Morricone. A classic.
Those are the genres that best work for me. Obviously, this list is given in a declarative but not limitative way, so the best choice of music to relax is your own!
Any other suggestions? Please share through a message.