Sunday, November 12, 2006

Musical options to relax

I can tell you that this week has been pretty intense and stressful for me in terms of workload. Finally, I find some time to do the things I like to do (to write and to listen to music, among them). But that's life in our beautiful western hemisphere, isn't it?
If you feel anxious, you're having a cranky mood lately, and you're starting to think that your responsibilities enslave you, perhaps it's time for you to take a break. And music is a great facilitator to approach to a peaceful state in your mind. For that, I'll suggest you to try any of the following works:

Classical Music: Anything by J. S. Bach or Mozart. Both are some of the greatest musicians ever, and for some reason, I feel more relaxed after listening to their music than any other composer's. Specific suggestions? Try any of the following:

  • Bach's Brandenburg concerts.
  • Mozart's symphonies 40 or 41.
  • Also, Pachelbel's Cannon is a good option

New Age: One of my favourite streams! There are several melodies that I'll strongly recommend you for this one:

  • Adiemus, by Adiemus, is a great song that may take you to another dimension.
  • Adagio in C Minor, by Yanni, which is a very relaxing melody.
  • Orinoco Flow, by Enya. Beautiful music for your ears.
  • On Earth as it is in heaven, by Ennio Morricone. A classic.

Those are the genres that best work for me. Obviously, this list is given in a declarative but not limitative way, so the best choice of music to relax is your own!

Any other suggestions? Please share through a message.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home