Monday, April 17, 2006

Hollywoodecadence

Do you remember when was the last time that you went to the movie theater and felt that it was worth paying for the ticket after watching the movie?
It has been a long time since I don't feel like that. I think that the last time I was really satisfied for paying the price to watch a movie was when "The Island" (starring Ewan McGregor) was being showed. As I can see, the movie industry has focused lately to produce only soap-opera-like movies, like the ones starred by (in my opinion) talentless actors, such as Hugh Grant or Adam Sandler.
I believe that this industry has fallen into a severe hole from which it hasn't be able to exit. I wonder when will we have the opportunity to watch movies at the movie theaters that will be remembered by further generations. Is it really hard to produce movies with original scripts and topics, like was The Godfather on its time? Is the problem that there aren't enough talented actors, or writers? I seriously doubt that's the drift. Maybe the problem is that we, movie customers, are getting satisfied with low quality movies, instead of demanding for better material for the price we have to pay every time we go to the movie theater. Maybe it's time for us to do something...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home