Friday, September 05, 2008

Google Chrome rolls out

Google unveiled its latest product this week. Its name is Chrome, an open-source browser that, according to Sundar Pichai (VP of Product Management at Google) is intended to "make sure that browsers are really evolving along with the web, so the web can evolve to the next level".

There is an interesting video on Youtube in which the developers of Chrome explain some of the state-of-the-art features that they created for their browser, and the rationale behind them. I embedded it so you can check it out (click here if the movie below doesn't work).


Well, although I haven't used Chrome myself, I have been reading posts of users in different forums around the web (including, of course, Youtube's postings), where users appear to be quite satisfied with the new browser's overall performance. They especially praise Chrome's speed and customization capabilities. However, it appears that there are a few bugs that have to be corrected, although it is not a big deal.

It is very hard to have an opinion about a product that I haven't tested myself. In fact, although I've seen some tutorials about the way in which Chrome works, I can hardly find a reason to switch from Firefox, whose newest version 3.0 is quite similar to Chrome. However, I'll give it a try sometime in the near future, but I would like to hear a few further comments about Chrome and the users' experience to know if spending my time downloading and installing is really worthwhile.

2 Comments:

At 7:11 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Eddie,

I have used Chrome for the past couple of days and I am quite impressed. There are some shortcomings having to due mostly with it's newness and I suspect they will dissappear shortly. For me the biggest problem has been clicking on some buttons on Facebook. This is a known issue and will likely be fixed soon. On a balance it is worth a try.

Josh

P.S. I didn't know you had a blog! It is quite amazing how much you have posted here

 
At 10:37 AM , Blogger Eddie said...

Thanks Josh! I'll take your feedback and try Chrome soon...

Also, yep, I've had this blog since 2006, and I just love it! So please feel free to come visit anytime.

Be in touch man!

Eddie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home