Thursday, January 10, 2008

Tata's Rs 1-lakh, unveiled!

It has been rumored for many months now. Back in August 2007, I even had the opportunity to write a note about Tata's Rs 1-lakh car, the cheapest car in the world, with the scarce information about it that was available at that time. And now, the car, under the name Nano (nothing to do with Apple) finally made its triumphal appearance in the Auto Expo 2008 in New Delhi, as Tata promised long time ago.

I have been very curious since I first heard about the cheapest car in the world to see how will it look like. A lot of speculation was made around it, but as I wrote in my first post regarding Tata's new model, "those who have seen the prototype say that this Tata model resembles the Daewoo Matiz". Ok then, as the car has finally been shown to the audience, the first pictures have started circulating in newspapers and other websites. With no further introduction, here are the pictures I've been able to collect from Tata's Nano, the cheapest car in the world:
That's the car. Does it really resemble a Daewoo Matiz? Is it an appealing model to your eyes? It looks ok to me, although its value proposition is more tied to its price rather than to its appearance. In any case, you be the judge.

Photos by AP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home